I Leena Khanna, am both the Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer. My contact details are [email protected], phone 07716385367
· I gather information about you from the details you provide either in person, on the phone, via email or via an online enquiry on my site.
· There is no legal requirement for you to offer this information, but without it I will be unable to book you in or provide the service I offer.
· The collection of your personal information enables me to decide if I am able to offer you an appointment; to provide you with treatment; to contact you regarding your treatment; and to invoice you for any outstanding payments.
· The data I collect from you may include: your name and contact details; information about your symptoms / problem / experiences/medical history and anything else required in order to help you and protect you.
· In line with these guidelines, you accept that when you contact me and / or provide me with information, you permit me to hold and use this information.
· I keep the information you give me for seven years after your treatment (for adults), and for seven years after a minor reaches the age of majority (18), which is the length of time suggested by my professional body and required by my insurance company for client records.
· Children: In collecting information from persons under the age of 16, consent must be provided by their parent or guardian in order for me to process their data lawfully.
· Cookies are simple text files that are saved on your computer, mobile or other device via your Web browser. They contain small amounts of information about your interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server, to provide you with a tailored experience within this website.
· I would like to advise you that you can refuse the use and saving of cookies from this website on to your device’s hard drive by taking the necessary steps within your web browser’s security settings in order to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon your first visit.
Website Visitor Tracking Information
· When you visit this website, a third-party service called Google Analytics collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics
Sharing your information and confidentiality:
· Client confidentiality means that I will not disclose information about you to a third party without your permission, not divulging information about you having treatment with a third party; and ensuring your session notes are locked away securely. By giving me your phone number, you are permitting me to leave messages on your voicemail should I not be able to get hold of you, unless you state otherwise.
· In line with the code of ethics set out by my professional body, I may share and discuss anonymous case studies for the purpose of continued professional development, supervision or training. Please note that anonymous means ensuring the removal of any personal details and information that might identify you.
· I am duty bound to breach confidentiality if there is a legal requirement for me to do so, such as where the Children’s Act applies or a court order is issued, or if I have good reason to believe that significant harm to you or another person may arise should I not disclose that information.
You have rights over the information I hold about you. These are
· Portability – you can request that I share your information with someone else
· Rectification – if you believe there are any inaccuracies in my records then you can ask me to change them
· Erasure – in certain circumstances you may have the right to ask me to remove your details from my records verbally or in writing ‘the right to be forgotten’)
· Fair profiling – you can ask that any processes I automate are done by a person instead of a computer. I don’t currently automate any information processing, although I do use online forms to collect information.
· Right of access – you can have a copy of the information I hold at any time, by requesting it in writing.
· Restricting processing – in some circumstances you can request that I stop processing your information
· Objection – you can object to the way I process information (e.g. if it is used to send you direct marketing and you don’t want to receive this) and can ask me to stop using it in the way
· Information – you have the right to understand how I collect and process your information
You can learn more about these rights on https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Please note that LK Therapies may not be able to honour booking requests made, but every endeavour to try will be made. Any cancellation made in less then a 24hr period will incur full charges. Where it is over 48hrs, a rescheduled appointment will be offered.